Each restaurant is unique in its own way, with its average check and selected dishes, its “chips”, the atmosphere and the goals of the visitors. It is obvious that someone is interested in a cozy quiet place for conversations, to someone to try exotic dishes, to whom that noisy and fun place to relax.
Therefore, we determine the portrait of the visitor and his needs, or in other words – we determine the target audience.
For example, take a restaurant where the “schtick” is Indian cuisine, and with a real Indian cook.
Its CA will look something like this:
Segment A – foreign students:
The age is 18-25.
Students of universities.
Need: in the familiar food and atmosphere, good service, good location.
The visit is regular.
Segment B – adults without children:
Gender male / female
Companies of friends
Couples family and pre-family
Young romantic couple
The need: to strengthen the relationship, to have fun and quality time, try unusual food, quality meals, good territorial location.
Visiting episodic. Tourists and visitors to the city have a similar portrait.
Then our goal is to define goals from online marketing campaigns.
It all depends on the services provided and the real focus of sales.
- Achievement of orders (booking tables) from the site (the goal is max 3-time filling in the room or ~ 33 reservations per day) in 4 months.
- Increase of delivery orders from the site to 50 per day in 5 months.
- Order business lunches up to 20 days in 3 months.
- Order additional services (catering, weddings, banquets and birthdays) to 2 per month in 3 months.
Development of basic communication – exactly how you will communicate with potential visitors, what exactly will they offer, on what feature of your place you will indicate.
At the same time this message can be (even should be) unique for each segment and micro segment of the chosen target audience.
For example, for guests from India – “be at home”, for those who is looking for sharp exotic dishes “try India without leaving the city” and in variations.
As in the case of hotels, the restaurant sells photographs. The site should have the best, most colorful photos of the interior, dishes, staff, bar.
If it is a question of online booking, you need to preoccupy yourself with the program script for accommodating guests, so that at any time the reservation system shows the real availability of free tables and allows you to quickly and conveniently make a reservation without any calls and staff confirmations.
For example, there is an external solution, such as https://letsbar.com.ua/ which allows you to integrate the booking system into the site without the participation of programmers and at the same time has an excellent visual component.
While integrators also further promote the restaurant through its catalog of restaurants.
By the way about the catalogs: certainly it does not hurt registration in all the catalogs of restaurants that are available for example https://www.tripadvisor.com.
This is additional external links to the site and referral traffic of potential customers.
Features in SEO:
- Collection of semantics and promotion of pages as for general requests, the kind of “Odessa restaurant”, “Indian cuisine”, “Indian food”, and the names of “curry Odessa” dishes, and related low-frequency requests, such as “restaurant + dish” , for example “restaurant curry”.
- Advancement of photos in the search results of pictures on the name of dishes of Indian cuisine and recipes.
- Optimization for queries in a foreign language with the addition of language versions of “भारतीय भोजन”.
- Constant stimulation of visitors to leave responses in a network, on aggregators and in pages of social networks, it directly influences conversion.
- Create and optimize Google Local Business, be sure to promote in maps and also + reviews.
Features of PPC:
- As in the case of products, the main goal at the beginning is to work out the primary base of the guests, so prepare to spend a lot on the context at first.
- In the search and the Display Network, you need to create a series of campaigns, each of which aims at a clear proposal for a specific segment destination, describing the benefits in the ad or on the banner.
- To launch themed campaigns for occasions, both for general holidays (February 14, March 8), and for the type of competitive distinction of the restaurant, if we are talking about Indian cuisine, then for holidays in India – for example, a holiday of colors, or even for every significant one.
- Collection of audiences and processing of the received audience through remarketing. Audiences are encouraged to highlight complex ones (those who viewed certain dishes on the menu, certain pages, the time spent on the site, the number of pages and so on, including abandoned baskets on request).
- Mandatory addition of branded campaigns, by the name of the site and restaurant.
- Mandatory targeting of mobile devices, and radius in the center, as well as in areas where potential buyers from segment A.
- The strategy of adjusting rates during the greatest demand for restaurants and cafes (Friday, morning / day).
- Work with key inquiries with geo-referencing, “restaurant center” “restaurant + street” “where to eat in the center”, etc.
- Under the event events, the development of the pages for example “The Holiday of Colors” and the work with the audience on these pages.
- Think over the creative in the banners, which positions some distinctive feature and can attract something new. For example, very spicy food.
- The emphasis in communication on authenticity is the Hindu cook.
Features of SMM:
- The most important advertising channel is working with Facebook and Instagram audience. There are options for very fine tuning of the audience, including couples, language settings, for example, users from India located in Kiev and so on.
- Setting the pixel Facebook, gathering the audience and retargeting visitors based on the behavior on the site.
- Development of the content plan, maintenance (posting) and moderation of the group and the Intragram. Content is very important quality with the involvement of a competent editor and photographer.
- Search and work with opinion leaders, with users who have many subscribers.
- It will take a lot of constantly updated content on the site and social pages – photos of the restaurant, employees, dishes, events, videos, articles and so on.
- Formation of loyalty and coverage with the help of visitors – for example a discount or a free dessert for a photo in a restaurant, or a geo-mark of visiting the institution.
And of course Email:
After each order from the site, create a mailing list that can be used for thematic and event events.