A web designer in a team can improve the your site conversion. You ask, how can design affect customers? The first thing the client sees is the design, the outer shell of the site, and only then pays attention to the functionality.
A potential customer enters a new site he does not know, and only in a couple of seconds understands whether to stay on it or not. And that’s just from the appearance of the page of the site, not even the main page, it will depend – will the client stay on your site or go to competitors. What the client needs, what would he have remained – not only a beautiful, but high-quality and comfortable design.
How good is the design of your site and is it convenient to use
- Simple and beautiful menu. The site menu should be simple and not heaped up, if you have many categories, think carefully about them – leave only the main categories, and hide everything else in the drop-down menu.
- The rule of three colors. What does it mean? Use no more than three colors for the site. They should not irritate or distract the visitor, so do not choose too “poisonous” colors.
- To earn the user’s trust, the site header should contain such sections as: “Contacts”, “Delivery terms”, also for the convenience of the user, the number of contact phones, instant messengers, etc. should be put in the header.
- If you have an online store, the user should be able to order the goods in various ways (order through the shopping cart, via phone call, online call or email), because different age groups use different ways of ordering the goods.
- Marketing and design or “how to sell in 4 steps”. For the online store you should think over the step-by-step logic of the buyer, from the entrance to the site prior to purchase. Use the marketing model AIDA to optimize this process.
AIDA is an acronym that stands for Attention, Interest, Desire and Action. The AIDA model is widely used in marketing and advertising to describe the steps or stages that occur from the time when a consumer first becomes aware of a product or brand through to when the consumer trials a product or makes a purchase decision.
Why hired designer?
A good and thoughtful site from the design side attracts visitors better and increases the conversion. But you can order a design, not only by hiring designer. There are options to attract a freelancer or order an external website design. Ordering the design of the site will be performed in the specified time and quality, but the price for services is not cheap either.
Ordering a design from a freelancer will cost much less, but quality assurance and timing will depend on the professionalism of the freelance designer.
Hired designer will also cost a lot, but in the long term it is more profitable than freelancers and design studio. A professional designer will do the work in less time, and the design will be better, and there will not be a lot of rework. If you hire a specialist to create a design, the next stages of development and modification of the site will also be performed better and faster.
What qualities should a designer combine in himself?
- High qualification. Look at his portfolio, which he already did. By this you can determine what practical experience the designer has and how good he is in this area.
- Knowledge of the basics. The designer should be able to create a good web design. Quality design is always focused on the target audience of the site. The designer should know what elements, colors and combinations should be liked by a certain audience of users.
- Knowledge of analytics. A web designer should be able to conduct a qualitative analysis of the site in order to identify the target audience and the characteristics of its behavior for creating a design.
- Experience. The designer should have practical experience in creating a high-quality design.